Monday, May 12, 2008

"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos."



Kodos: It’s true, we are aliens. But what are you going to do about it? It’s a two-party system; you have to vote for one of us.
Man: He’s right; this is a two-party system.
Homer: Well, I believe I’ll vote for a third-party candidate.
Kang: Go ahead! Throw your vote away!

- From The Simpsons

Citizens of the United States:

Stop hedging your votes. Free yourself from the tyranny of our prisoner's dilemma voting system. You have been deceived into believing that voting for Republicans and Democrats is the only way to ensure that your vote "counts."

The truth is that Voting for a third-party candidate, or god forbid an independent, is not a wasted vote.

I mean I'm no mathematician but, the likelihood of two candidates accurately representing the interests of 300,000,000 people seems rather unlikely to me.

No comments: